Sunday, May 14, 2006

Book Review III

One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus: Simply captivated back into the late 1800s, Fergus's story teeters between fiction and non-fiction. I was frequently left wondering if this really did happen during the birth our of grand country. Written as journal entries, May Dodd takes us right along with her as she begins this "volunteer" experience. This is one book that I couldn't put down. I hope that you'll find time to read this amazing story of one woman's journey through life and the legend that lives on through her offspring.

Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho: Unfortunately, reading about someone's attempted suicide did not exaclty inspire me. Despite the strange behind the scenes set up of the lunatic hospital in which our young depressed character finds herself, new meaning to life await her and the rest of the residents. I enjoyed the style of writing and found it a very quick read. Perhaps I will have to give Coelho another chance and read "The Alchemist". If you've read this one, enlighten me: how did you enjoy it?

Currently Reading: Marley and Me by John Grogan and Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home