Sunday, December 11, 2005

Queen's Staircase and Water Tower

Inside the Water Tower
Outside view of water tower

Merchants take every opportunity to try and sell you something, even in this serene sanctuary. My friend Karen and I ended up with beach towels for $9 which is actually a steal!

These are pictures of the Queen's staircase. Apparently, the history is that for every year of her reign, there is a hand made step out of stone. It's beautiful...and if it were a little easier to get to I might actually run these steps for a little exercise. The water tower which was apparently to bring water to the islanders is right at the top of the stairs, so you'll see those as well.

I actually went to the Queen's Staircase a few weeks ago. I just realized that I hadn't uploaded any pictures yet. Hope i don't throw off anyone's sense of order, but then again, it's kind of the bahamian way of doing things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home